Building a website has a lot of advantages, as it can be used to promote, guide, educate and sell products from time to time. Building a website is a challenging and a strategic task, where every step plays an important role to have a fruitful and a productive website. It is important for every website owner to know and to understand the benefits of every stage while building a website. in this post, I will teach you how to choose a domain name? for your business.
Some of the important stages of building an effective website
- Choose and buy Domain name
- Buy website hosting to host the site
- Design in a cost effective and a versatile language
- Promote with the help of white-hat digital marketing techniques
How to choose a Domain Name?
Choosing a perfect domain name plays a major role in order to promote a website. The first step of the digital promotion starts with the domain name, as it helps search engines to recognize in an easy way. Most of the current gyration website would have their company name and a keyword associated with it, as it helps digital marketing professionals to promote in the digital environment. A creative domain name, which can carry one or more keywords, could help you bring more traffic in a quick span of time.
How to Choose a Perfect Domain name?
- Focus on brand – As the domain is the address, which needs to be remembered or stored for any individual to enter the website, it is important to focus on the brand than focussing in generic terms. Choose a creative domain name, which can help you recognize the website based on the brand. Focussing on brand could be a great advantage for people with brand names, as most of the people prefer to search for the website by typing the brand name.
- Keep it brief – A domain name should provide maximum information about the website and the services or products. It is widely recommended by most of the digital marketing professionals to keep the domain name brief but comprehensive about the content. Keeping a concise domain will always help people to understand the content by reading the domain name. A brief domain name is always suggested, as it looks attractive and can be remembered for a long time.
- Easy to Type and remember– It is widely recommended for people to have a precise but informative domain name in an effective way. Keep it short and crisp, where people from every corner of the world would be able to type it in an easy way. It is important to provide an easy way for people to type it, as it helps website owners to increase traffic on a regular basis. Only short and crisp names would be remembered and used by most of the online users and having an easily typed domain attracts a lot of traffic on a daily basis.
- Easy To pronounce – Not every business is limited to local place or a country, most of the websites look beyond boundaries to increase their popularity of the website in an effective way. As not every individual in the world would be able to follow or pronounce certain terms easily, it is important to provide a domain name, which can be pronounced easily in every corner of the world. An easy to pronounce domain name can be shared with different people easily, as users do not mind repeating the domain name multiple times on a regular basis.
- Avoid extra characters (Hyphens and Numbers) – Adding hyphens and numbers are not advised to add in both domain names and email addresses, as it does not look professional and easy to remember. Providing an extra character may not look professional for most of the people, as you can see some of the top websites would not come with an extra character. Ensure to choose a domain name, which is short and crisp and does not contain any kind of numbers or symbols.
- Consider using high ranking Keywords in domain names – A digital marketing activity would start and end with keywords, as choosing a proper keyword plays an important role to promote a website. Every search engine looks for a domain name before looking for digital marketing codes and strategies. It is highly beneficial to have a high ranking keyword in the domain name, as it helps the search engine to promote the website to a good rank. A keyword in the domain name could attract a lot of traffic, as it can receive good ranking from most of the search engines. A keyword with a brand name in a unique way is highly recommended, as you get to display your brand name for identity and keyword for digital marketing activities.
- Think a domain name for Long Term purposes – Creating a domain name is a onetime activity, as it acts as an identity for the website and the content. It is very much essential for people to think for a long term before creating a domain name, as it is not advisable to change or edit once in a while. Changing or editing a domain name may not be a good idea, as you get to lose out your previous or old users in the digital world. A domain name should have a mix of information, brand, organization name, and a keyword included, as it is meant to remain for a longer period of time to create a digital identity.
- Check for trademark & availability in domain name servers – Choosing a domain name by following all the aspects is necessary, but the availability of the finalized domain plays an important role. As the competition is high in the market, it is important to check for the availability of social media sites and server to ensure a smooth flow of transition and a unique feature to stand in the market. Not every domain name would be available, as most of the digital marketing professionals and business owners would have multiple domain names associated with their business. It is important to figure out the similarity of domain names and brand names in both social media websites and domain servers, as a conflict could cost you dearly in attracting traffic on a regular basis.
- Use proper domain name extensions as per business – Domain name extensions like .com, .org, .net and so on is very important, as a right extension could help you secure and display your professionalism of the website. Domain name extension would usually be recommended based on the business, country and the genre of the business, as some of the websites come with proper domain names to claim theirs genuinely in the market.
- Use different domain name generators to find the right domain name – It is important to find different sources to understand and choose a proper domain name. Some of the domain name generators provide multiple choices based on your business, ideas and the type of website. It is important to find a proper domain name by looking at more ideas, as you may come across a creative and a unique domain name based on the business or the content of the website.
Research well and observe the market before choosing a domain name, as it plays an important role to promote your website in an effective way. Always research well before finalizing a domain name, as digital marketing activities cannot be switched between domain names.
Ensure to have a right team to manage both domain names and digital marketing activities, as a website can attract a lot of traffic only with the help of proper white hat techniques and an SEO (Search Engine Optimization) friendly domain names.
Choosing a perfect domain name could be an important step while building a website, as it has a huge capability of bringing your website to the front row in the digital world. A search engine looks at multiple things while deciding the rank and domain play takes the maximum weight in terms of increasing traffic on a regular basis. It is widely recommended for people to take time and research well before finalizing a domain name because it is meant to stay for a longer period of time to perfect every necessary digital marketing activity on the website.